Table of Contents
How much money can you make from YouTube?
YouTube has grown quite a lot since the last decade, because of the availability of the Internet across the globe and also providing value along with entertainment, there are millions of creators on the Internet who are creating content for YouTube and keeping their audience engaged.
Now you might be thinking How much money can you make from YouTube? In short, on average YouTubers in India make between $200-500 per month while in the US an average YouTuber makes between $800-2000 this is because of high CPC, and developed countries offer more for advertising.
There are various factors on which your YouTube revenue depends if you are creating content related to entertainment your ad revenue will be less than the content related to Finance, Technology, Education, etc, this is because the ad that runs on these kinds of content are high CPC ads.
How Much Money Can You Make From YouTube With 1 Million Subscribers?
Honestly speaking, Youtube doesn’t pay for having more subscribers, Youtube pays you for ads that are displayed on your videos how many impressions your video got, and how many people interacted with the ads.
Having more subscribers ensures that more and more people are interested in your content and if they have subscribed to your channel they will see the video as soon as you upload them.
Having more subscribers will get you more impressions more people will watch your video and ultimately you will get more ad impressions and will generate more revenue.
If you have organic 1 Million subscribers then you can make between $700,000-$100,000 per year with just ad revenue. Excluding the sponsorships.
How to Make Money From Youtube
Many people think that YouTube ad is the only way to monetize their channel, if you are one of them you are certainly mistaken my friend, there is more than one way to make money from YouTube.
I have explained every one of them. Here are the different ways to monetize your channel.
YouTube ad monetization is the primary way to make money from YouTube, there are some criteria you need to fulfill to monetize your YouTube channel:
- 4000 hours of watch time.
- 1000 Subscribers in the last 365 days
- The Channel Should not have active copyright strikes.
- The channel should follow all the YouTube community guidelines.
There are many factors on which YouTube revenue depends like
CPM is the amount of money that the advertiser pays to the creators for every 1,000 impressions on the ad. This amount varies and depends upon the country you are living in, for developed countries like the US, UK, and Canada CPM is very high from $6-$15 and above. Currently, Norway has the best CPM rate of $44.
Cost Per Click (CPC) is the amount of money creators get when someone clicks on the ads that is running on their videos.
If you have a decent number of subscribers and get views you will start getting brand sponsorships to promote their products and you can charge them according to your channel engegement and reach like a channel with 100-200k subscribers can charge between $4000-5000K depending upon the niche.
You can join any affiliate program to generate secondary revenue like the Amazon Affiliate Program which will generate you 10-20% commission for each sale. You can directly review the product and add the product link in the description.
If you are a business owner then you must create a YouTube channel because from there you can generate more and more sales for your business and your brand will get free promotions and organic reach. Many businesses started from a small YouTube channel like Unacademy, and PhysicsWallah, and today they are a startup.
YouTube Premium is another way of making money on YouTube, many people don’t want to see ads thus they have YouTube Premium, your video will be only visible to the premium subscribers and YouTube will share some of the revenue with its creators.
Livestreaming is another way to make money on YouTube, you might have seen many YouTubers streaming games all day and fans are donating money to them with superchats, YouTube takes some % of that and pays the rest to the streamers.
Which Niche Pays the Best CPC
Many categories pay the best CPC on YouTube:
- Personal Finance: Creating videos related to money, and how to make and manage money are the niches that have high CPC ads.
- Business: Creating videos related to business, how to start a business, business case studies, and more topics that you can cover in this niche.
- Real Estate: Exploring the real estate market you can sell your real estate properties by showing it on YouTube and also generate YouTube revenue.
- Technology: Technology is a huge field that allows you to explore many fields like the Internet, Science, Medicine, and Agriculture everywhere technology is used, you can take any field relevant to your knowledge and start creating videos on that.
- Automobiles: Automobiles are one of the fastest growing sectors in developing and developed countries, If you are interested in automobiles you can start making videos on cars, bikes, and their reviews.
- Education: YouTube is one of the best platforms for teachers to connect with their students, they can create videos or livestream directly on YouTube. They can also market their courses.
- Tourism: If you are a traveler, then you can capture and share your journey experience on YouTube, people love watching travel blogs.
- Beauty and Fashion: Beauty and Fashion is another niche that has high demand in this niche there is a high chance of getting promotions easily.
- Sports: Sports have a high fanbase worldwide whether you are a soccer fan or cricket fan, you can write about your favorite player and people will find you on the Internet.
- Entertainment: This is the biggest niche where people are making most of the money If you have any talent like singing, dancing, or any other. You can make comedy videos, and reaction channels there are unlimited possibilities here.
I hope you get the answer to your question How much money can you make from YouTube?
Please don’t choose the topic based on the CPC if you are not interested in it and have no passion for it because if you don’t have passion for it ultimately now day will come when you won’t get results and will give up That is why you need be passionate about it so that even if you are not getting results from it you need to continue because no one succeeds on platforms like these on days.
If you don’t know your passion yet, start anything and ultimately you will find your passion one day.
Creating engaging content that people like and share that provides value to your audience is the best way of growing on these platforms, YouTube can make you rich you just need to work hard and keep doing it, many popular YouTubers like Mr Beast, MKBHD, Carryminati have been on youtube for more than 10 years and today they are stars.